Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Finding Freddie

Despite the years of teasing, I was, and remain, one of the biggest Freddie Mitchell fans on the planet.

I have a poster-sized 4th & 26 picture hanging on the wall in my office.

I defended his lack of catches by pointing out on numerous big plays, his down field blocking.

I laughed at the Super Bowl hub-bub and pointed to the games leading up to and during the playoffs that magical year as evidence of what "could be" with my favorite receiver.

I would have had a #84 jersey, had Ariel not said "If I'm going to spend that kind of money on a jersey, you are getting a pro bowl safety, not a 3rd down receiver."

Ah well. Women.

There have been reports of him the last few years of him trying out at different NFL camps, of hopes of landing in the CFL, perhaps landing at the Philadelphia Soul, and even substitute teaching (which I refuse to believe. I am sure he was merely lecturing kids on what it means to be great).

That all said. I wonder. Where is Freddie?

Here at HHR, we would love to Find Freddie. More than that, we want to give the man who thanked his hands for being so great his own forum and invite him to contribute to our page as whatever the hell he wants - an exclusive NFL analyst, a columnist, whatever.

Freddie, if you are out there, drop us a line. We would love to hear from you.

If anyone knows his whereabouts, let us know.

No comments: