Monday, January 7, 2008

American Gladiators

show sucked. The most entertaining part was seeing Hogan keep kayfabe in an opening monologue that featured a classic Hulkster-esq pose, a Scott Hall-patented nWo "two-armed, overhead point" and a cup to the ear as Layla spoke.

After 20 min, it was back to the Family Guy and American Dad for me and Ren.

There was just something so 80's about beefy men and beefy women going up against average joes-turned tough guys. I don't know if it was the teased hair, mullets, or really poor graphics, but I just longed for the days of 'ole. Speaking of which, when are George Mitchell and the Feds going to investigate PEDs in Gladiators?

6 comments:

JC said...

Just as corny as it was years ago. Welcome back, Americana BS.

Ariel said...

I don't know... I don't mind corny. This was just awful.

murph said...

The gayest show on TV. It was embarrassing to watch.

sjoa said...

Well...it did make me laugh quite a bit...I suppose that counts for something.

Pro-Hat Party said...

i couldn't watch the show either. it was terrible. nothing about it made my time more easy passing. not even remarking how awful it was. i fart on this show.

BBC said...

I'm not sure what you guys saw but that was freaking awesome! Hokey? Yes. Hogan lame? Yes. However it was way more physical than the original, and was everything it was suppossed to be. I'm Tivo-ing that bad boy.