Friday, February 15, 2008

2 for 2 at the Duels

Photo: Orlando Sentinel

Well, the field is finally set for the 50th running of the great American race, the Daytona 500. This year's race should prove to be a very exciting event (especially for us JR fans).

Junior is 2 for 2 with Hendrick Motorsports. After dominating the Budweiser Shootout last Saturday night in his first win since May of 2006, Junior came from the rear of the field and drove his #88 HMS Chevy to another dominating win in the first of the Gatorade Duel 150's. I know that a full 500 mile race is a completely different animal, but if these two small events are a pre-cursor to this Sunday and this season, then daggum!!!!!

Meanwhile while JR's been tearing it up in the #88, it looks like Toyota's benefiting greatly from its association with JGR. Just a few short weeks ago, I predicted a big down year for JGR because of their association with Toyota. It's early, and they haven't gone real racing yet, but looks like I might be proved wrong. We'll see.

There is one thing I'm sure of, though. Sunday's race is going to be an awesome race. I hope all y'all have a chance to watch. Rusty's going to be heading out to the horse country with the Idiot and Payne to watch more than 35,000 horses race. Y'all enjoy, and I'll give you my thoughts on Monday.

So, y'all come back, now, hear?

No comments: