Thursday, March 6, 2008

In Case You Missed It

Larry Bowa is still Larry Bowa. And I love him for it.

This ran in the LA Times on February 29:

Dodgers' Bowa says he will ignore helmet rule for coaches

VERO BEACH, Fla. -- To protest baseball's new rule requiring base coaches to wear helmets, Larry Bowa threatened to march to his work station along the third base line wearing shin guards, a chest protector and a mask.

"I'll really make a joke out of it," Bowa said.


Now today, a bit more classic Larry Bowa coming out:

Dodgers' Bowa lights a camp fire

(Here are some snippets of Bowa putting young Dodgers through the ringer...)
  • How old are you! How can you be tired? How?
  • Hu! You can't be tired, are you kidding me!
  • What do I want you to do? I want you catch it! How's that? Just catch it!
  • That's an E-6! That throw is an E-6! C'mon, you can't be tired!

No comments: