Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Ariel Dances with the American Idol

On DWTS, Taylor and Yamaguchi were both outdanced by a one-armed Cristian de la Fuente, and I have to say, he and Cheryl really did a great job. Despite being in the middle of the pack as far as judging is concerned, it was Mario who got sent home last night. But I have to say, I am pretty damn shocked that he lasted this long. Maybe people really thought he was Chris Rock?

Last night on Idol, Jason Castro, resident Stoned Age extra sang a horrific version of Bob Marley's "I Shot the Sheriff," and forgot the chorus to Bob Dylan's "Tamborine Man." I mean, this is supposedly right in your wheelhouse, dude. Hey, hippie, maybe if you layed off the reefer you'd have remembered the damn lines. Hopefully, this d-bag gets sent home tonight. Ren and I have only been watching a few weeks now, and just cannot stomach the sight, let alone sound, of him.

I have to say, little Archuletta has a kick ass voice, but again, I have no clue what kind of record he'd make. We still like David Cook who did a good "Baba O'Riley", and Syesha channeled Sam Cook in a very heartfelt and personal performance. It should be the three of them into next week, if the stars align correctly.

No comments: