Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Ghost of Frederic Weis

As the 2008 NBA Drafts looms closer and the New York Knicks have the sixth pick overall I am reminded of the man in this video. His name is Frederic Weis. You will notice here he gets tea-bag dunked on by Vince Carter, something that shouldn't happen if your a professional athlete, and then something that really shouldn't happen if you are seven feet tall. I bring him up because the Knicks drafted him once many moons ago, and as the current draft comes up and I read mock drafts with the Knicks selecting another foreign athlete I get nervous. Foreigners can succeed in the NBA, just not on the Knicks. In the name of Macej Lampe please select someone from the United States. I have nothing against imported players as some are great, I cite Dirk Nowitzki and Steve Nash (if Canada counts). So I beg you, new Knicks managment, Donnie Walsh and coach Mike D'Antoni, draft a college player, it's the only way.

-Posted by Cadillac Mescallade

No comments: