Phillies beat writer Randy "Randorino" Miller wants to be honest about players (right after he has dinner with their families). But how can he when he can't even get Pat Burrell to give him a few minutes?
In an unintentionally funny piece about "The Bat" cutting out on reporters after his 5-RBI game the other night against LA, Randorino inflates his self worth to assume it is more than staring at naked jocks as they scrub their asses after games in hopes of getting a mediocre quote for a mediocre game recap.
Here's a money quote for you, straight from Miller: "But Burrell has gotten on me for being a tough reporter, sometimes in front of others."
"Tough reporters" apparently cry about getting stiffed.
It's a funny read. Check it out: "Another media stiffing, this time from Pat the Scat."
(Wait a minute..."Stiffing" from the "Scat"? I'm beginning to think this goes much deeper than an interview snub.)
Anyway...Note the way he blasts the players for not talking once or twice, when in the same breath he mentions how good Burrell has been to him. Watch as Randy builds Burrell up and basically says "you make my job hard."
Be warned... WATCH OUT! For Dropping Names!
- "When Charlie was done talking, we all headed to the clubhouse..."
- "(I brought this up to Manuel on Saturday and he agreed)."
- "When I asked Phillies Public Relations official Greg Casterioto if this true ..."
- "Wagner was out to dinner with myself..."
- "Earlier this year, a Phillies player approached me about this topic."