Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dunbar's Olympic-sized Bits and Pieces

  • Promotion for NBC's 30 Rock has been mysteriously absent during the Olympic games. Perhaps the Chinese wrote something in the contract that forbids it because of a Saturday Night Live skit featuring 30 Rock actor Alec Baldwin. (Editors Note: the HHR staff searched the entire Internets for the clip to no success even though it is on Baldwin's greatest hits DVD, free speech violation NBC?)
Sgt. Jack Wilcox (Baldwin): Now, I don't pretend to know who these Chinese people are - I know they're small, maybe 1 or 2 feet high! I know they sound funny when they talk, I know the womenfolk have sideways vaginas! But underneath their scales, they're just like you and me. Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I can't take on a billion of them.
  • Imitating pictures have yet to surface from a womenfolk's basketball team.
  • Here I thought I was going to have to put some effort in to win my gold medal in London with my new handball team. Turns out I could just walk for one or jump on a trampoline. (Don't worry, handball is still on for all those that have signed up)
  • For what women's soccer lacks in power and speed, it is made up for in the lack of fake fouls and injuries. I'm looking at you, all of Europe.
  • The ratings success of the Olympics has NBC itching for a spin off. You may have seen a glimpse of it the other night. Bella Karolyi and Tim Daggett shack up in China and hi jinx ensues. Hint: one of them breaks down and cries in the first episode.
  • Life advise to small town teenage boys between 6 foot 3 and 6 foot 6. Skip going for the NBA. You are too short and your high school coach makes you play like a big man everyday. Try for baseball pitcher and develop the arm. But cross train with volleyball and swimming. They could win you a free ride to college, fat endorsement deals and the ladies.

No comments: