Friday, August 8, 2008

Hasselbeck calls out Favre

Ok, fine, he didn't. But can someone rip the guy?

I have no doubt that Brett Favre is a nice guy and extremely well liked by everyone in the NFL. Look no further than every single comment made by every NFL player in regard to the Favre/Packer situation.

Let's take former Favre back-up Matt Hasselbeck for example. In a recent interview, the Favre/Rodgers situation came up...

So what about Favre's former back-up QB Aaron Rodgers? Do you sympathize with what he's gone through, with Favre retiring, then not, then coming back, then not?

No, I don't sympathize for him, but I understand what he is going through. I mean, being a backup QB is a really frustrating job because you need to be ready to go every week and you might not get the chance. I did that for three years and I didn't get to play. It is just part of the job.


I just want someone in the NFL to say "Favre may still have it, but he should have decided that fact before the season started" and not come in and out retirement like a WWE wrestler.


Hasselbeck can't sympathize because the job was never going to be his to win. In 1999-2000 the job was Favre's until he retired. Until he ACTUALLY retired. For good. Rodgers waited his turn and had the job until Favre and his itch. Hasselbeck also can't sympathize because he got the hell out of dodge after a two seasons and high-tailed it to Seattle.

I can't blame him for that either.

He was going to a much better situation...

No comments: