Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cadillac Mescallade: Posts Story That Can't Be True

I normally like to rely on (among other websites) for my sports news when I'm on the interwebs. To be fair, they are generally timely, informative, and often have things I am interested in reading.

Imagine, then, my surprise when I click upon this link stating that the Vikings have named Gus Frerotte their starter in place of sucky Tavaris Jackson.

This can't possibly be true.

First, they are claiming that Frerotte is still in the NFL - which is a stretch to begin with. Didn't this guy suffer a career ending injury by mashing his head into a stadium wall to celebrate a touchdown some 5 or 6 years ago?

Now they are gonna add on that he is starting?

I love a good fake news story as much as the next guy (see: The Onion), but you'll have to wake up a little bit earlier in the morning to try and sneak one like this past the folks at HHR.

I'm gonna go with Carolina this weekend in the Metrodome.

No comments: