Sunday, September 28, 2008

Terrell Being Terrell

TO Making It Rain.

As we near the end of the half time show, the Sunday Night Football crew just alluded to the post-game comments made by Terrell Owens following the Cowboys loss to the Skins. TO was none to happy about his self-perceived lack of involvement in the offense despite getting 1/3 of the team's offensive plays.

According to the Dallas Morning News' Dallas Cowboys Blog, the Cowboys ran 58 offensive plays, threw to TO 18 times and let Owens run it twice.

That's not enough for the world's greatest teammate. When asked if the ball was thrown his way often enough, Owens said:

"I would say no. I'm a competitor, and I want the ball.

"There were some opportunities there, and there were some opportunities there where they were holding and the refs just didn't call it. You can't blame the refs; we just didn't make the plays.

"Everybody recognized that I wasn't really getting the ball in the first half," Owens said. "I'm pretty sure everybody watching the game recognized it, people in the stands recognized it, I think my team recognized it. I didn't quit. I kept fighting and trying to running my routes and trying to get open."

1 comment:

Cotter said...

Asking TO this question is the equivalent of asking R Kelly if he likes touching grossly under-aged minors inappropriately.