Sunday, November 16, 2008

Where are they Now?: The Natural Born Thriller

I havent watched professional wrestling in some time.

The last time I did, though, there was one angle that I felt had such potential but never got its just due.

In 2001, WCW had a stable of young guns consisting of Mark Jindrak, Sean O'Haire, "Above Average" Mike Sanders, Shawn Stasiak, Chuck Palumbo, Johnny "The Bull" Stamboli and Reno. Collectively they were known as the "Natural Born Thrillers."

Until this morning, I couldn't tell you if any of them are still wrestling today. That's when I saw a familiar face on the Travel Channel's Passport to Latin America: Mexico City.

The hostess with the mostest, Samantha Brown, took in a Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL) match in the Mexican capital and afterwards shared lunch with this fella. I coudln't place him until now.

In Mexico he goes by the name Marco Corleone, "The Reflection of Perfection." American wrestling fans might remember him as Mark Jindrak.

Marco Corelone eats a sandwhich
Uploaded by thecubsfan

No comments: