Friday, April 10, 2009

HHR Hugs It Out: Our Hearts are with You

One of the great things about this blog is that we get to meet a ton of fantastic people through online networking. Bloggers reach out in emails and say "hey, I love your blog, check out mine" and you build an online friendship with people around the world that you wouldn't get the chance to connect with in other situations.

A good example is Matt Clapp of the blog Sharapova's Thigh. We met through a few email exchanges. Everyone at HHR is a fan of his website and we often link out to his work in the daily Hugs it Out section. I went to check his website today for a link and came across only one update.
This morning I found out Angels' incredibly talented rookie pitcher Nick Adenhart was killed in a car crash just a few hours after he pitched an outstanding game last night. It's absolutely terrible and my thoughts go out to his family and friends, but I couldn't help but worry that my best friend was also in that car after I heard there were others killed. Henry frequently told me how he's good friends with Nick and tries to be at Nick's side for every pitching outing in Anaheim.
Within minutes of reading I was choked up. Not just because of the story but because I once experienced the same tragedy as Matt. I know exactly what he is feeling. It's one of the worst feelings in the world, one that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

So, instead of a Hugs it Out today, we are just going to link to Matt's story. We wish him the best along with the family and friends of Henry Pearson, Courtney Stewart, and Nick Adenhart.

Rest in Peace.

- Chris Illuminati (aka Fat Willard) , Don (Ren McCormack) and the rest of the HHR staff.

Remembering the Best Friend I ever had (Sharapova's Thigh)

Follow us on Twitter
@HHReynolds or Click Here to get HHR in your inbox.

Have You Gotten Your BlogsWithBalls Tickets Yet?

No comments: