For more than two months, fans cast votes on a variety of elements they will see and experience on May 18. The winning elements are:Nice touch. The team boasts "more than 7,000 tallies were cast" for the final element - the charity angle. Not to shabby for a page that close to 9,000 "Likes." Come to think of it, 9,000 Facebook fans is nothing to sneeze at for a Minor League Baseball team in Central Kentucky.
• Game Time: 6:35 PM (Gates open at 5:30 PM)
• Hot Rods Jersey Color: Red
• Food Special: $1 Nachos
• Merchandise Special: 20% off Adult Apparel
• Theme: '80's Night featuring music and video clips from the awesome '80's
• Field Pattern: Classic Angels Pattern
• On-Field Experience: Hot Rods Facebook fan David Matthews won 4 tickets and will participate in Wendy's Build-a-Burger Challenge
• Charity: Bellewood Presbyterian Home for Children
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
MiLB Team Hosts Facebook Fans Night
In a world where wacky Minor League Baseball promotional shenanigans are all the norm, the Bowling Green Hot Rods tapped into another common societal element for their latest game-day marketing scheme - Facebook.