Thursday, November 8, 2007

Drugs are bad... mmmmkkkaayyyy?

(Yahoo! TV)

Mr. Mackey says drugs are bad. Mike Golic didn't listen.

Our friends at Awful Announcing pointed out something I must have missed yesterday morning...

Apparently Mike Golic played around with the roids back in the day. Not sustained use, but just wet his whistle a bit.

While I am not shocked, I am slightly disappointed. It's becoming quite obvious that steroid use among athletes is as common as binge drinking on college-campuses... whether or not you make a "career" out of it, you definitely have tried it once or twice. I am glad Golic had an adverse reaction, because it would affect his day job immensely. However, I could see how this can at least help him speak intelligently on the reasons why athletes feel pressured to use the drugs in the first place. And that is a discussion that is for another blog, another day.

And that's all I have to say about that.


No comments: