Ref's have a crappy job. I'm sure it has some perks but overall it's a thankless position where no one notices you unless you make a mistake. Or you get maimed in the line of duty.
During last night's Eagles vs. Steelers preseason tussle, I was reminded just how dangerous it is to be a referee. NFL ref's usually do a decent job of blending into the background and going unnoticed. I was hoping to find better video, but this is the best I found. It's enough to prove my point.
So while searching for that vid, I checked for some of the worst referee injuries.
These are my Top 5.
Honorable Mention: He isn't a referee but he is an usher for the Texas Rangers so its sports related. And it will get us ready for the next five
5.) Act like you’ve been there before and other good reasons not to spike the ball.
4.) And that glass is coming out of your pay
3.) Been played a million times on TV but doesn't make it any less devastating:
2.) This isn't Larussa v. Lawrence, can we give the guy a second to collect himself before we finish the match
1.) I can't even make a joke here. I think the guy is a vegetable now:
-posted by Fat Willard
2 comments:
OMG .......I hope the ref recuped.
How long ago was that?
I think it was about a year ago...
Post a Comment