Friday, May 9, 2008

No one celebrate anything

"If he wants to yell and scream after a strikeout and dance around the mound, that's what gets him going," he said. "My home run was in a much bigger situation, a much more key part of the game, but I didn't dance around and scream."

Exactly. Joba was wrong to get excited while his team was winning in the 8th inning of meaningless May game. The pinch-hit homerun happened during a different meaningless May game. David was in a much bigger situation.

So, that's it. You guys ruined for everyone. I don't want to see any of you God damn rich bastards showing any kind of emotion out there. This is serious business, this baseball.

I don't want you to get excited, or congratulate each other, or pump fists, or hand-slap, booty dance, grab-ass or do whatever it is you guys thought of in the clubhouse to show emotion.

If something positive should happen to the team I want a head nod and possibly a 'well done sir.'

I want nothing that could get the fans into the game. I want to see a game where every player acts like the field is the last place on earth he wants to be at that moment. That's how they used to do it. The old guard. Back when this was a part time job and life was different.

Stop acting like you care and act like a bunch of grown men getting paid to play a child's game.

This is business.


The Sports Hernia said...

I wish -- and this is certainly wishful thinking, but believe me I try to live in a perfect world -- that everyone could follow the fine example set by K-Rod, Papelbon and Joel Zumaya.

Sad what this Joba fella is doing to the game.

Fat Willard said...

Yes, it is a shame. As a 22-year-old he should really know better.

He should take the advice of future Hall of Famer and all world athlete David Delucci.