Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Letters To Harold

Every now and then...hell, very often, we get two types of letters: 1) Those that accuse us of mocking the Patron Saint (we don't) and 2) Those who assume we are the Patron Saint (we're not).

I figure it'd be fun to share some of the latter. Should the Patron Saint ever contact us, we'd be happy to forward along.


"Hey Harold, watch MLB Network everyday. God bless!".

--

"If you ain't the guy who led the A.L. in steals, made the All Star Team, made me go to the Dome, loved how you rolled your sleves, don't add me. H.R., if you for real, add me up. I'm die hard M's. Been to every home opener in history. U real H. R. baby?"

--

"hey harold my name is [redacted] i am 15 years old and i live in the same town as u west hartford. I sold things from my baseball and football fun razor to ur wife kelley and when i sold the second won i noticed u were bout to be having ur second kid. but i was just wondering after the playoffs are all over with if u would like to have a catch with me some time cause ur my biggest idol u no please give me an email some day or call me at [redacted]"

--

"Hey Harold..... whats Donnie your brother doing these days? I worked for Texas Rangers with him/....."

--

"Is this Harold? Hi - this sure looks like Harold! Just got an email from MLB.com and wondered if you were out there - if someone is monitoring this for Harold, please pass on a message for me - tell him that mom asks about you all the time and if I ever hear anything!!! Im still @ pork. Would love to hear from you! Hope all is well!"

--

"Hi Harold, i'm a huge fan from Rutherford, NJ. It would be awesome to hear from you man!"

--

"Hi harold,i am [redacted] and [redacted]'s friend who ran the summer team that [redacted]'s son played on two summers ago. hope all is well with the new gig on mlb."

--

"Harold, you forgot me again. It's [redacted], the cop from Seattle, way back in the Mariner days."

Follow us on Twitter @HHReynolds or Click Here to get HHR in your inbox.

No comments: