Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ariel Rumbas with the Stars: Week 5

Wow... what a night. It was the night of the Rumba and Samba, and boy were there some sweet moves. I like Marie Osmond's "fainting" move while she awaited comments from the judges. Way to pull the sympathy card! Ha, kidding. It was a bit scary as Ren and I both sort of looked at each other like "What the f just happened???"

Cuban reacts to the Osmond "faint" move

Bergeron greeted us back after the break with news that Marie was just fine. Ren wasn't amused by his weak attempt to break the uncomfortable TV land silence that fell over us all as we watched promos for a week's worth of ABC shows, and said "Oh Bergeron, go hit someone in the nuts and you'll feel right at home." (Ren is a closet America's Funniest Video's fan... don't let his remark fool you...)

Anyways... the performances.

Best of the Best:

Sabrina Bryan, Mel B.

Notable Runners' Up:

Jennie Garth, Jane Seymour, Cameron Mathison (but only because he dances with my girl crush Edyta, and she is smoking hot! I'd kill for that body!!!)

Worst of the Worst:

MARK CUBAN!!! You are NOT a dancer... stick to making money which is what you do best. The only way he is still in it tonight is his fans (and great shameless plug of your blog during your rehearsal package...). I can appreciate your strategic ploy to be entertaining since you know the judges aren't going to give you higher than a 7 or the occasional 8. But your a businessman, you definitely know strategy.

OK, a quick note to the judges. You knitpick the people who are doing really well, but you sort of laugh off the mistakes of the Cuban's and Marie Osmonds, because they are so "likeable." Either its a competition or it isn't. I am getting a little tired of you, Carrie Ann, saying that you appreciate the "fun" factor. They are ALL having fun!! This isn't their DAY job!

Alright... I feel better now.

-posted by Ariel

No comments: