Snap.

Crackle.

Pop.
I think Ron Bennington put it best when he said something to the extent of 'there is a difference between being just flat out awful and saying you are cursed. Or actually being dealt a series of misfortunes while having a talented bunch, year-in and year-out, and just simply being dealt a series of unfortunate, unexplainable circumstances.
When it comes to Philadelphia, I think the sports teams lie somewhere in the middle. For the last 24 years, most of the squads in all the cities major sports have just plain old stunk.
Then they tease you. They display some fire. Give cause for optimism. Then they rip your heart out.
I am not ready to concede that the town is indeed cursed, but I am convinced that someone up there just doesn’t want to cut us any slack.
Had the Phillies made a run at the playoffs. And given their pitching, management and coaching, that is a big IF, surely you’d have to consider the greatest second baseman in the game a viable MVP candidate.
3rd in the league in AVG
1st in Hits
1st in Doubles
3rd in RBI
2nd in Runs
1st in our Hearts
I’m not sure what to say about the guy or the injury that won’t be simply rehashing the disappointment spewing across the Delaware Valley.
Obviously Chuts will cause a huge gap both offensively and defensively in the lineup.
Hell even Uncle Choo-Choo recognizes that.

"Utley, to me, he's huge," Manuel said. "What the hell? He's a huge part of our offense, and he's a big part of our defense."
Thanks, Chuck.
Not only do you have the obvious subtraction of your MVP, while the team idly sits around at the trade deadline, the brainiacs are left with even more roster questions to make their heads explode.
So I’ll try to look at the bright side.
Greg Dobbs.
This forces Chalootz’s hand.
You move Abe Mendoza Nunez to 2B. (Thank you, David Bell, for causing us to part with Placido in exchange for Uggie Urbina).
Then you have to decide whether you left Dobbsy actually play or you feel content platooning him with Wes Helms.
Tough call, I know.
Hopefully they can keep things afloat for the next few weeks as Chuts vows to return. I hate to admit that Flash actually helps our bull pen, and Myers should be back soon.
In the meantime I plan on being miserable.
-posted by Ren McCormack
No comments:
Post a Comment