At HHR we often cite two of our friends over at phillyBurbs.com - The Camel Clutch's Eric and The Third I's Illuminati.
Looks like there is another person over at the site we may need to keep our eyes on, albeit for a totally different reason.
You see, site affiliate the Courier Times has decided to get with the times and do what we believe is an unprecedented MSM live journal during the AFC Championship Game. Ground breaking, right?
(For those of you who don't know what a "live journal" is, either check out the one the chief is doing, or allow the writer to explain: "If you want a barometer for what we’re hoping to achieve here, check out Bill Simmons on ESPN who writes usually about the NBA Draft. A lot of wise guy observations.")
Now, as we mentioned, we will be monitoring this new writer. Here's a snippet of his "work" that should be self-explanatory as to why:
Some first quarter thoughts from Patriots-Chargers.
- Can you imagine the outrage if LT didn't give it more of a go in this town in this spot? Two runs and he's under the jacket already.
- Tom Brady is human- who knew? Missed on his first two throws- then throws a pick inside his own territory.
- Diet Chocolate Cherry Dr. Pepper? What doesn't fit in this equation? Who were the ad wizards who came up with that one?
- Everytime I see Belichick, a followup to Adam Sandler's song "Red Hooded Sweatshirt" pops into mind.
- The lead broadcast crew of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms have the mysterious ability to put me asleep. Can't tell you why.
- Nate Kaeding? Seriously, the Chargers can't find a better kicker than Nate Kaeding?
- Brady throws a pick, the Bolts only get three points out of it…. anyone else think that's a sign of trouble for San Diego?
Remember, this guy is paid for that in-depth insight. Our crap may be no better, but we don't do it for a living.
BOOM goes the dynamite.