Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tampa Harrassment Case Brings Attention to 2007 Incident

Deputy dumps paralyzed man out of wheelchair: Traffic violator says he assumes deputy did not believe he’s unable to stand.



This is absolutely appalling, but not uncommon.

HHR is looking into accusations that in 2007 a managerial type (for the sake of this column we will call him "Charlie Manuel") ran an employee ("Adam Eaton") out onto an elevated surface 30 times, knowing full well that "Eaton" could in no way perform the duties "Charlie" called upon him to execute.

The similarities are shocking. In the traffic case, victim Brian Sterner said, “My guess is that it had to do with frisking me. And I informed her at least two or three times that I couldn’t stand up because I was a quadriplegic.”

Speaking on the record with HHR, "Eaton" described his situation: “My guess is that it had to do with me pitching. And I informed him ["Charlie"] at least two or three times that I couldn’t because I suck.”

No comments: