Capitalizing on the ex-NY governor's involvement in a prostitution ring and sex scandal that has dominated the news this week, the South Coast League's Macon Music is promoting Eliot Spitzer Night at Luther Williams Field for the June 13 game against the Aiken Foxhounds.
An official Music release states that during “Eliot Spitzer” Night, the following elements will exist:
1. The Music have extended an invitation for former New York Governor Spitzer to be on hand and throw out the first pitch
2. The team will give away a New York Vacation including a one night stay at the MayFlower Hotel
3. Client #9 (or fan #9) will receive a free Music prize pack
4. Any fan with the name Eliot, Spitzer, or “Kristen” along with any fan from New York will receive $1 off admission
5. The Music will play Frank Sinatra music throughout the evening in honor of New York
6. Wire Taps will be placed throughout the ballpark this evening
7. ATMs will be available for cash withdrawals not to exceed $5,000 per hour
8. Any fan who has resigned their position will be given $1 off admission
9. The 871 fan will receive a gift certificate for the Macon Music Team store.
You know what. Hell, it's funny. We want in on the fun.
As such, HHR will offer a free weekly guest post throughout the Music's season to recap Macon games on our site to any fan who send us a picture of themselves wearing our Spitzer #9 baseball jersey at Luther Williams Field.
And how do you like that? It even matched the Music's color scheme!