Friday, April 11, 2008

Favre Chatter

Brett just won't go away will he? The media darling continues to be a pain in the ass for coaches, teammates and fans alike.

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal Packers Blog's Greg A. Bedard...

Mike McCarthy on Brett Favre's un-retirement talk:

"I've talked to Brett a number of times and my understanding is that he's very content with his decision. I think he's going through the normal emotions that any player goes through. He's got a lot of time on his hands and I'm sure the first year is going to be tough on him."

McCarthy "on whether he's bothered by any of the things Favre has said, namely the chatter about him coming back if Aaron Rodgers gets hurt":

"It doesn't bother me because really anything that's talked about, a lot of those conversations Brett and I have had. Now, we didn't talk about all that but we talk regularly so I have a pretty good idea of what's going on."

Right tackle Mark Tauscher on Favre's statements to the press:

"It's tough when you're getting a lot of questions. I'm sure he loves playing, he's made his decision and we as a football team are ready to move forward. We're not going to worry about all those speculations. We respect Brett. He was a great teammate. But this is Aaron Rodgers' team right now."

No comments: