Estimates show that NBA head coaches are about 80% white. Conversely, African-Americans make up between 75-80% of NBA players.
This trend begs a few questions:
- How are whites qualified enough to coach, but not play?
- Are talented whites being overlooked as players simply because of their skin color?
- Are NBA scouts and executives are judging players solely on the criteria of a player's physical ability to perform on the basketball court?
- When, in today'sAmerica, did we find it acceptable to judge people based on their physical characteristics?
- Why does the media ignore this blatant racism and player profiling?
This is unacceptable.