The latest resolution to be voted on this week includes gems such as:
- USC will feature 5 players in the Under Armour Senior Bowl game held in Mobile, Alabama
- USC was invited to make an unprecedented seventh consecutive Bowl Championship Series appearance;
- USC won an unprecedented seventh consecutive Pacific-10 (Pac-10) Conference championship
- Coach Pete Carroll was featured on CBS's `60 Minutes', not only for his football accomplishments but for his work with `A Better L.A.', a nonprofit group consisting of a consortium of local agencies and organizations working to reduce gang violence by empowering change in individuals and communities;
- (and throws in) under the leadership of USC's 10th president, Steven B. Sample, USC has established itself as a world-class research university, known for its leadership in the fields of communication, media, public diplomacy, the sciences, and the arts.
We wish every member of Congress had the cajones of Rep. Jack Kingston, who consistently votes against resolutions honoring the University of Florida as a devote Georgia Bulldogs fan. If we could only spread that passion into voting against all of these tripe resolutions, maybe that is the change we need.