Friday, December 7, 2007

Saturday Night Fights

Tomorrow night, fellow Carney The Prophet of will be live-blogging the Floyd Mayweather vs. Ricky Hatton show at Epic Carnival.

You might recall that Mayweather was fighting, as he hyped the show throughout his brief appearance on Dancing with the Stars.

If not the fight, be sure to check it out the post.


(Note: While I can't seem to find an official card, Malignaggi's website states: "Doghouse Boxing has just been informed that Paulie “Magic Man” Malignaggi will be facing Lovemore “Black Panther” N’dou on December 8 in Las Vegas, on the undercard of the spectacular Floyd Mayweather vs. Ricky Hatton show.")

(Update : I contacted Malignaggi's official MySpace page for clarity and was informed that Paulie, in NOT in fact on the card. The website referencing the match is not associated with Paul Malignaggi. You can go to the official myspace for Paulie Malignaggi which is linked above. There will be a official website also coming soon.

Obviously, I am disappointed. But I like the guys so much, I'm going to keep the below blurb. The Magic Man fights January 5th in New Jersey Atlantic City on Showtime. Check that out.)


After catching him one night on USA's Friday Night Fights, I was so impressed with the fighter that I ordered my first non-Tyson PPV boxing event to see him go toe-to-toe with current current WBA Welterweight champion Miguel Cotto last year. Needless to say, it didn't disappoint.

Malignaggi is a first-class showman, whose demeanor and attitude had me thinking he was quite a joke. However, after seeing him a few times, including taking Cotto to the limit, I realized that under the over-the-top attitude is a top-notch fighter.

No comments: