Wednesday, August 26, 2009

From the DC Bureau: DC Signs A Healthcare Bill

The town's been buzzing all day with the news that the greatest Washington National of all time is returning.

Besides being a former All-Star, the burly Cuban is also an M.D.

'It's 99.9 percent I'm not going to pitch no more' this season, [Livan] Hernandez said. 'I'm done, I think, so let's see what happens.

'I'll go to sleep and I'm going to make a decision tonight.'

His knee, drained on May 16, has been a nagging problem all year. The right-hander, who is 12-4 with a 3.44 earned run average, said it was not bothering him enough to affect his pitching and he wasn't told to have the knee worked on.

'It's not the doctors,' he said. 'It's me. I'm the doctor. I don't need it, but I'm going to' have an operation.

'I'll tell you when the season's over,' said Hernandez when pressed for an explanation. 'I'm mad.'

'I have no idea who he's mad at,' The Nationals' manager, Frank Robinson, said."

The DC Bureau tips its hat to the good doctor, and hopes his next prescription is an unlimited refill, for kicking ass.


Follow us on Twitter@HHReynolds or Click Here to get HHR in your inbox.

No comments: