Saturday, December 1, 2007

Separated at Birth: Tom Brady and Sgt Schultz


After Jaws absolutely killed Randy Moss on Thursday, Tom Brady apparently doesn't agree with the assessment of Moss' laziness:

"It bothers me that people take unnecessary shots at him," Brady said. "I don't know what he's done in the past, but he's been great to be around and I think people just like taking shots, unfortunately. If you truly appreciated what he does in his game, then [you wouldn't take shots] ... around us he's a great teammate and everything we're looking for."

I laughed out loud when I read FanHouse's Ryan Wilson commentary on Ms. Sexiest Woman Alive's reaction:
First of all, Brady doesn't know what Moss has done in the past? Really? I guess Bill Belichick doesn't allow televisions on the compound. Otherwise, Brady's full of crap. Second, I imagine Brady knows exactly what Jaws is talking about since he watches the same tape. It's not surprising that he wouldn't call out his teammate, especially one who's on pace to break all sorts of receiving records, but he sounds silly defending Moss.
Well played, Mr. Wilson. Well played.

I'm sure the chief will pull his best Rodney Harrison and make some excuse and/or cry victim. At least the non-New England loving sports world can rest assured knowing that it's easy to win games when you know what the other team is calling and the whole Belicheat era will be surrounded with an aura of taint.

No comments: